Could you be Kindred’s first Director, working with a community of socially-trading organisations and their advocates?
We are looking for our first Director to enable the power of Kindred to grow socially-trading organisations (STOs) within the social economy of Liverpool City Region (LCR).
Kindred is a start-up, recently established as a Community Interest Company (CIC) in LCR, to invest in the social economy in a new way that is creative and entrepreneurial. STOs are businesses that deliver social benefits and trade commercially, with social purpose at their heart. Kindred exists to do things differently, supporting STOs with both time and money.
Kindred connects, supports and harnesses local entrepreneurialism for social good. It was created to grow the socially-trading economy in LCR and is owned locally and collectively, reinvesting
money, space and our collective learning. We work collaboratively with and for LCR’s 500+ STOs to enable them to grow their social impact. We work alongside LCR Combined Authority and Power to Change as partner investors, to make LCR the most inclusive economy in the country.
We are looking for someone who can bring real passion to deliver the following in a ‘Kindred’ way:
- Be a safe pair of hands, connecting and advocating for purpose-driven STOs; Kindred’s risk appetite is higher than a typical investor and social economy supporter, working within a framework based on continuous learning.
- Manage and grow the pot of money secured to enable growth, whilst ensuring Kindred serves its core purpose of funding those STOs that would not otherwise gain investment.
- Ensure good governance that takes its lead from our community of interest – a community of free spirits – yet balances their innovation with good risk and performance management.
- Capture data that tells us what is working, and what is not, so we continue to experiment and use evidence to inform Kindred’s policy and practice, and influence others to invest more in the STO sector’s growth.
- Develop our membership structure in an inclusive way to ensure Kindred is accountable to STOs, whilst making the conversation about their growth, not ours.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Thursday 1 July 2021 and longlisted applicants will be invited for a virtual discussion with Kindred during the week of 12 July 2021. You’ll find a full timetable for application in the candidate pack.
Apply by email to WorkWithUs@kindred-lcr.co.uk by 12pm on 1 July 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you.